Saturday, May 3rd 2014 – Volunteer Park MAP
07:30am – Day of Race Registration & Packet Pickup Opens
09:30am –¡Fiesta 5K Olé! Run/Walk
9:45am – ¡Fiesta 5K Ole! Post-Run Party & 1077 The End’s Beer Garden Opens
11:00am– Start feeding your Taco Cravings!
1:00pm – 2:00pm – DJ set by 107.7 The End DJ
2:00 – 3:00 – Opening band takes the stage
3:30pm – 4:30pm – Taco Truck Challenge Headliner Band takes the stage
4:30pm – Taco Truck Challenge Voting Ends
4:45pm – 1077 The End crowns Seattle’s Top Taco Truck
5:00pm – Post event parties throughout the Hill start
*Enjoy your Cinco De Mayo festivities responsibly*
Due to the popularity of the ¡Fiesta 5K Ole! The 2014 race will have two different “race options.”
Green Wave - This wave will start at 9:30am and is for participants wishing to “race” in the event. This wave will have timing chips distributed along with the typical running bib.
Red Wave - The red wave will start immediately AFTER the green wave. This wave is for all participants wishing to jog or “salsa” their way from start to finish. This is for participants who are not worried about their finish time and don’t need a timing chip. It is recommended that costumed participants and people with strollers or large groups participate in this second wave. All participants will still receive a participant bib along with the other race goodies listed below.
There will be no parking within Volunteer Park on May 3rd. Parking is available throughout the neighborhoods – specifically on 15th ave. Please make sure to obey all parking and traffic restrictions as this area is heavily patrolled.
Metro bus service is a great option with both routes #49 & #10 serving Volunteer Park.
*Come early to avoid delays on race-day and to ensure you arrive for the start of your wave*
Downloadable Version Here (See image at right.)
START: Volunteer Park – Asian Art Museum
- South on Volunteer Park Rd to E Prospect St
- East on E Prospect St to 15th Ave E
- North on 15th Ave E to Howe St
- West on Howe St to Federal Ave E
- South on Federal Ave E to E Prospect St
- East on E Prospect St to 12th Ave E
- South on 12th Ave E to John St
- TURNAROUND at 12th Ave E & John St
- North on 12th Ave E to Volunteer Park
- East on Volunteer Park Rd to Finish
FINISH: Volunteer Park – Asian Art Museum
All participants will receive:
- 2014 ¡Fiesta 5K Olé! Shirt
- “Team” Participants will receive $5 off registration & a FREE pair of ¡Fiesta 5K Ole! branded neon sunglasses
- FREE entry into the 107.7 The End Beer Garden & Concert (21+)*
- One (1) drink included with registration (21+)
*Entry into the 107.7 The End Beer Garden & Concert for non participants is $5